Monday, May 9, 2011

April 18, 2011

Welp here I am another week down! We had the best weekend ever this weekend... Henry and Erika got married and baptized!

Basically that's all I've been able to think about so I didn’t think of any funnies or lovelies.. nothing! sorry.

But here's what happened this week:

After a huge trial of faith and patience Heavenly Father provided the way that we could get them married. Long story, but I can now say I know that He answers prayers. So Friday morning we headed down to the office and they got married. the wedding took about 10 minutes, a few signatures, and ¨you may now kiss the bride¨. I got to be the witness!!! Then after we went to the church, they passed their baptismal interviews and then we went and celebrated with their family with a pretty wedding cake. 3 hours after we went back to pick them up for their baptisms, they got baptized, bore beautiful testimonies, then Sunday they were confirmed and we could finally relax. hahah.

They are so happy and we are so happy. I'm learning more and more every day just how important this gospel is for families. They are the basic unit of the church and the way the church can progress and grow. Next week Henry will be ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood, and I think they will both receive callings. They are officially the second active family in the branch...we are so proud!!!!

Really there isn’t much more exciting news than this... so I’ll let this be a short email.

The church is true and this is HIS work. I'm so grateful to be part of it. Surely, the joy of bringing souls to Christ is the greatest we can imagine. ¨What are you doing this week to share your JOY of the gospel??¨

Love you all! have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment