Monday, August 2, 2010

Marcala en el Verano

Monday August 2, 2010

Hola everyone!!

So I come before you today with lots of good feelings. This week we learned and applied a lot to my missionary work and found lots of success. Last night I just kind of had a little burst of good feelings and total love for being a missionary. not that i ddint before, but for the first time I didnt want to go home. its an amzing feeling and one that I've prayed for for a long time. I guess I cant really describe what I'm trying to say, so let it suffice by saying... I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. and I'm so glad I'm here.


Okay on to the exciting news:

Funnies:
1. last week we had the privelege of having President Flores in the Sacrament Meeting... needless to say we were all scared and nervous and trying to do the best. but my companion and I brought a family of investigators to church and had them sit in the front row... totally ready to impress president. but the two women who came both have babies... who are still breast feeding. and the people here have no shame. Front row, president, breastfeeding. MLIAIH

2. I totally bought the most beautiful, comfortable hammock the other day and put it up in the house. I rock. then the next morning I was enjoying my cereal and rocking in my hammock with all of the sudden i was on the ground and my tush was really hurting. FAIL. at least I got a good pic. MLIAIH

3. Sometimes when I stop and think about life I realize .. Wow! I'm bilingual!!! Its really an awesome thought. MLIAIH

Okay so I dont have too many funnies this week, but it was because this week was full of lots of reflection, humility, then success. I'm finding that's always how it works.

We're working with lots of good families and other investigators. I think my favorite thing is that we've really been emphasizing teaching repentance and the fact that we can be free from our sins if we accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. and that's when the changes come. I love seeing the light coming into a person's eyes when they realize they can be clean from sin. I love seeing the changes in their personality, temperment, and smiles. Its such a special opportunity to see God work with these people. It is NOT me. I'm just the beneficiary because I get to see it all.

This gospel is true. In its simplicity and grandeur, its true and every person in the world needs to hear it. It breaks my heart when people reject our message not because I feel bad for myself, but because I know how much their lives can change and progress and be happy. But then again my heart rejoices when someone accepts the message and decides to open their heart and mind to something different. This is the joy of Missionary work.

Just want to leave a scripture to ponder. Ecclesiastes 3:1 (p.s. remember how once I used Ecclesiastes in charades... its so a book. hah) anyway I really like this scripture because it teaches us whatever season of life we're in, school, mission, parents, grandparents, teenagers, its the season God has prepared for us and we can be happy in it. its not gonna last forever. its interesting because before my mission i couldnt wait to finish school and leave. but then in the first day of the mission i began counting down the days til it was over and i could start the next season of my life. why can't we just be happy where we are? we can always look forward to changes and the future, but let's be happy in whatever season of life we're in. okay, just something to think about.

I love the gospel and I love my Savior. I'm so grateful for this time I have to spend in His service.

hope all is well with each and everyone of you.

Be Good. Have fun. Pray Hard.

Love, Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment