Monday, October 25, 2010

down the slide!

Hello everyone!
I can't believe how FAST this week went. it flew by and i feel so scared because this week I celebrated my 9 months to go mark. I feel a little kid who just climbed the little latter to get to the slide. now im on the downhill and it goes faster every day! I think its funny the Lord prepares us so that we're really good missionaries.. just in time to leave. I have so many things to learn and improve that I'm afraid when I finally get it down I'll be on a plane home. but I guess you can never have too much preparation... I'm so grateful for the things I'm learning htat will serve me the rest of my life.

Funnies:
1. The other day someone asked me why I had fake teeth if i was so young.. she thought I had dentures because they were really white. MLIAIH

2. I swear nobody here has ever seen blue eyes.. which is why they all stare wide eyed... all day long. MLIAIH

3. I'm excited to be normal again.. someday when Im back in the states. MLIAIH.

I've been super excited lately about this work! Okay, i've always been excited about it, but really its been hitting me just how little time i have left and all the things I want to do. I'm so excited to be seeing changes in my life and in my heart. I know I've never been closer to the Lord as I have here.

Something that has really been wonderful is something I applied to my life lately. In conference Pres. Uchtdorf talked about the 4 fundamental relationships we should analyze and refocus regularly. I was getting all frustrated and worried the ohter day for al the things i want to change and improve but i felt like i could never reach my goals and change my life. but then i remembered this talk. so i knelt down and talked with the Lord about it and i felt strongly that to be happy and successful i need to be focusing on these relationships. with god, with family, with others, and with yourself. i pulled out a paper and pencil and wrote down one thing i want to do to refocus and improve each of these relationships, and i was just going to focus on those for the week. and it worked! I felt such a peace in my life the next two days. i felt happy and successful 1. because i was finally changing and 2. because i had applied the words of an apostle in my life.

I challenge you all to do the same if you feel overwhelmed and frustrated. Read this talk, its amazing!

well times up, gotta go.
Love you all!

have fun. be good. pray hard.

love, hermana smith

No comments:

Post a Comment